- The purpose of this position is to achieve smooth flow of production through the plants by accurately and properly identifying costs and the BOM / BOO associated with material, labor, and equipment resource requirements for Fenner Dunlop products.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of MOM (Method of Manufacturing) for Fenner Dunlop Conveyor Belting products
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of subcomponent part number for the raw material and subassembly
- Assists setup for fabric part numbers for the belting and fabric plants.
- Assists studies to verify operation standards for all locations.
- Assists providing costs on new or non-configurable constructions for Internal Sales Reps. Works with Technical to verify constructions.
- In coordination with Technical leadership, maintains online / offline specification programs and documents for new and revised specifications.
- Assists annual cost roll for Belting Plants. Gathers and assembles all necessary data reflecting new material, labor, and burden costs for each Belting Plant.
- Assists Marketing and Technical in establishment and implementation of new or revised Product Lines.
- Assists ISRs/Sales to provide quote/order related supporting information such as cost, specification, and technical data as requested
- Assists the finance team with material and process variance studies
- Assists with process improvement studies.
- Assists the planning department on product routing and Material substitution
Scope of Responsibility
- The role is primarily internally focused to FDA although certain projects may be undertaken within the Fenner group globally. The Standards Specialist will interface daily with the manufacturing, technical, finance and inside sales teams.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field including Industrial engineering or similar engineering disciplines is preferred
- Minimum one to three years experience in the manufacturing environment is preferred
- High degree of computer literacy. (MS Office product. Must be able to handle large data handling with MS Excel
- Intermediate Coding skills are preferred (VB, C++, Progress, SQL)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Analytical, Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
- Change Agent
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Leadership Abilities
- Lotus Notes
- Machine Operations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Project & Time Management
- Verbal Communications
- Work Independently
- Written Communications
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Routinely stand, squat, and/or in confined spaces
- Exposure to hazards
- Must possess driver's license
- Sedentary work
- Travel of >25%
- Ability to travel to our North America manufacturing plants
Benefits We Offer
- Competitive Benefits Package offered to all employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401k match of $1 for $1 up to 6% of salary
- Company Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
If interested in applying then please click here.