Production OperatorPort Clinton, Ohio
- Production Operator X is utilized as a fill-in person in any position they are qualified to perform. The position includes covering different shifts on a weekly basis and performing misc. duties as assigned by supervision. The operator must train on all jobs he is not presently qualified to perform.
- Perform the duties of each position assigned; operate overhead cranes, hoists, lift truck vehicles and a variety of power and hand tools. Maintain clean and safe working area and equipment. Perform other departmental duties as assigned by supervision.
- The Operator X is responsible for properly utilizing all equipment in the performance of each respective position he is working; maintaining proper production records; following established safety procedures and working in a safe manner to insure their own and others well-being; and reporting production problems to supervision.
- The Operator X shall be required to be qualified in at least eighty percent (80%) of all production classifications and shall be assigned to a shift in accordance with the job bidding process.
- The Operator X will be utilized as surplus labor to fill in for vacations, emergency call-offs, absences and overtime assignments that have been offered but not taken.
- The Operator X will be able to assist with changeovers, buffing, run through breaks or in a process that will shorten the amount of time the equipment is not processing product on a machine that they are qualified to operate.
- Use and properly care for hand tools while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Immediate communication with Production Supervisor on production problems to eliminate downtime.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required by your immediate Supervisor.
- The above statements are general and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work elements.
Scope of Responsibility
- Lead operator or part of a belt making crew; perform machine adjustments and coordinate crew for optimum production and quality; miscellaneous manual belt making operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of industrial machine operation experience.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Flexible & Adpatable
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Skills
- Work Independently
- Use of Hand Tools
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Machine Operations
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to move 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Frequent manual dexterity (e.g., grasping, pulling, etc.)
- Routinely stand, squat, and/or work in confined spaces
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical, gases, etc.)
- Visual acuity (color, depth, field of vision)
All employees participate in our Health and Safety Incentive Program.
If you are interested in the position then please send an email with your resume to email@example.com.