Plant AccountantPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Provide accounting and financial support to the manufacturing sites.
- Act as an accounting and finance partner for Fenner Dunlop’s belting manufacturing locations, handling a wide variety of finance responsibilities.
- Complete monthly accounting activities and journal entries for these manufacturing locations.
- Completes and reviews all manufacturing variances for the locations.
- Reconcile and manage balance sheet accounts for assigned divisions.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and the monthly forecasting process for assigned locations
- Analyze plant expenses, costs, and inventory movement. Prepare additional ad hoc reporting as needed, including purchase price variance / cost-savings analysis, manufacturing KPI reporting, inventory reporting, belting plant expense analysis, and other reporting as required.
- Complete quarterly and annual worker compensation and pension review and filing.
- Complete Monthly manufacturing surveys.
- Take part in the completion of physical inventory verifications and fixed asset verifications on a semi-annual basis
- Well versed in manufacturing and general accounting knowledge. Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Liaise with external partners, such as audit, tax, and consulting as needed.
- Travel expectations of up to 1 week per month to the different manufacturing plants.
- Help streamline processes and tasks to automate the financial close and reporting process for the manufacturing locations
- Help develop enhanced operations-based reporting to cross-functional partners in manufacturing
Scope of Responsibility
- Accounting and financial support for manufacturing locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a finance, accounting, or auditing capacity
- Ability to work with tight deadlines during the monthly close process
- Proficient in all MS Office, with strong excel skills
- 5 years of experience in a finance, accounting, or auditing capacity.
- Prior manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- 3 years experience working in an ERP
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical, Interpersonal, and Organizational Skills
- Customer Support
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Lotus Notes
- Problem Solving
- Time MGMT
- Work Independently
- Written Communications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must possess driver's license
- Sedentary Work
- Travel >25%
- Competitive Benefits Package offered to all employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Competitive vacation package
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401k match of $1 for $1 up to 6% of salary
- Company Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
If you are interested in this opportunity then please click here.