Operator C (Treater Operator)Lavonia, Georgia
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare and operate the RFL Treating equipment to produce treated fabric.
· Use current Production Schedule to maintain a consistent flow of greige rolls through the treating equipment.
· Operate forklift and overhead hoist equipment to transport fabric.
· Load and unload let-off/take-up stands. Weigh treated wrapped rolls and document the weight and apply appropriate identification labels.
· Operate sewing machine to sew at roll change ,hand and pneumatic stapler, and roll wrapping machine to wrap treated rolls for shipment.
· Operate and adjust web centering and straightening units through out the line.
· Identify defects in fabric quality through visual inspection. Cut lab samples of treated fabric and transport to lab.
· Record and report production related data in Epicor.
· Use proper Lockout Tagout procedures during any activity such as roll wrapping, repairing, adjusting or cleaning treating equipment.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with 5S procedure, rules, and regulations. Stage work area for the organization of proper materials needed during the shift. Clean dewebbers, dip stations, air knife, bottom rollers, top rollers, pull stands, accumulators, and etc using pressure washers, water hoses, and compressed air. Requires general use of hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, etc) for machine cleaning, setting and adjustments.
· Use proper waster handling procedures so that at the end of the shift supplies are accurately in order for the following shift.
· Perform any other task deemed necessary.
· Communicate material inventory used to Treating Team Leader as to maintain proper stock level.
· Assist other members as needed. Assist in training other team members.
· Follow all operating and safety procedures at all times.
· Alert Management of any unsafe condition such as chemical spill and/or airborne contaminates.
· Professional behavior is required during working, while on customer's sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business.
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
· Work Ready Certificate
· Competitive Benefits Package offered to all Employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Health Savings Account
· Dependent Care Account
· 401k match of 6% of salary
· Paid Vacation
· Company Paid Holidays
· Education Reimbursement
· Paid Uniforms and Safety Shoes
If interested in this career opportunity, please apply here.