Production Operators are responsible for safely operating various machines and performing assigned tasks, in order to produce a quality product in the most efficient manner. The position must be able to work different shifts and performing misc. duties as assigned by supervision.
- Perform the duties of each position assigned; operate overhead cranes, hoists, lift truck vehicles and a variety of power and hand tools. Maintain clean and safe working area and equipment. Perform other departmental duties as assigned by supervision.
- Responsible for properly utilizing all equipment in the performance of each respective position he is working; maintaining proper production records; following established safety procedures and working in a safe manner to insure their own and others well-being; and reporting production problems to supervision.
- Responsible for becoming fully qualified in a minimum of at least one department: calendar, lamination, press, inspection, shipping, splice or loop/noodles.
- Be able to assist with changeovers, buffing, run through breaks or in a process that will shorten the amount of time the equipment is not processing product on a machine that they are qualified to operate.
- Accurately record job information and hours worked in various computer systems.
- Use and properly care for hand tools while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Immediate communication with Production Supervisor on production problems to eliminate downtime.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required by your immediate Supervisor.
- The above statements are general and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work elements.
Scope of Responsibility
- Lead operator or part of a belt making crew; perform machine adjustments and coordinate crew for optimum production and quality; miscellaneous manual belt making operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of industrial machine operation experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Interpersonal Skills
- Machine Operations
- Time Management
- Use of Hand Tools
- Verbal Communications
- Work Independently
- Computer Skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to move 100 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Frequent manual dexterity (e.g., grasping, pulling, etc.)
- Routinely stand, squat, and/or work in confined spaces
- Visual acuity
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical, gases, etc.)
- Work in varying atmospheric conditions (e.g., fumes, dusts, gases, etc.)
- Work in varying physical conditions (e.g., noise, humidity, vibration, weather changes, etc.)
All employees participate in our Health and Safety Incentive Program.
If you are interested in this positon then please click here.