Mechanical EngineerPort Clinton, Ohio
- Develop mechanical system design solutions and provide technical support.
- Develop mechanical system design solutions based on engineering principles and be involved in the presentation and implementation of the solution to end customer.
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including AutoCAD and Inventor drawings.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Interact with external vendors regarding drawings, pricing, negotiations, delivery, etc.
- Conduct cost estimation.
- Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Mechanical design of customized solutions including motor sizing, pneumatic / electro-pneumatic/and electrical routing.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Create documentation, update as-builds and engineering file documentation at locations.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
Scope of Responsibility
- Responsible for the design and support of mechanical systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 5-10 years related job experience.
- Must have/or able to acquire a Passport.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor software, MS Office, etc.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design and its application in automation industrial designs including specification of motors, gear, mechanical systems, pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Travel as required to support multiple plant locations in USA and Canada.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Analytical, Mechanical, & Organizational Skills
- Change Agent
- Customer/Time MGMT
- Customer Support
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Drafting & Design
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Machine Operations
- Problem Solving
- Work Independently
- Written Communications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Frequent Manual Dexterity
- Must Possess Driver's License
- Work in Varying Atmospheric Conditions
- Work in Varying Physical Conditions
If interested in applying then please click here.