- This position is responsible for performing repairs, maintenance, inspections and installation work on all plant utilities, buildings, equipment and on location(s).
- Works safely at all times, and ensures that those around you do the same, both internally and externally, ensuring a strong safety culture throughout the workforce.
- Work assignments in the repair, maintenance or installation of equipment will be outlined by work orders and scheduled maintenance.
- Electrician will furnish own personal hand tools; all specialized tools and equipment shall be supplied by FDA.
- Electrician will assist other electricians and mechanics on job assignments as determined by work orders and scheduled maintenance.
- Electrician will conform to all departmental, plant and mine safety regulations.
- Read electrical schematics and troubleshoot both electrical and electronic control circuits.
- Troubleshoot process instrumentation of both pneumatic and electrical/electronic type.
- Diagnose electrical components and repair same.
- Care, security and proper utilization of all tooling and material furnished by FDA for all work assignments.
- Consult with Supervisor or Crew Leads for guidance and direction on assignments.
- Professional behavior is required during working hours, while on customer's sites and while traveling for Fenner Dunlop business.
Scope of Responsibility
- Responsible for repair inspections, installs, modifications, maintenance of electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment in the mining industry for up to thirty million dollars of product(s) per year.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Industrial Electrician Journeyman Card.
- MSHA Electrical Card.
- Four or more years experience in the industrial electrical field or a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Perform services underground, surface and heightened locations.
- Electrical experience in the mining industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical, Organizational, Interpersonal, Electrical and Mechanical Skills
- Change Agent
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Support
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Leadership Abilities
- Machine Operations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- MSHA Certification Black Hat
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Surface Mining
- Time Management
- Underground Mining
- Use of Hand Tools
- Verbal Communications
- Work Independently
- Written Communications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Frequent manual dexterity
- Routinely stand, squat, and/ or work in confined spaces
- Exposures to hazards
- Work in varying atmospheric and physical conditions
- Competitive Benefits Package offered to all Employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401k match of 6% of salary
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Uniforms and Safety Shoes
All employees participate in our Health and Safety Incentive Program.
If interested in applying then please click here.