Certified Electronics TechnicianPort Clinton, Ohio
To perform all necessary equipment repairs, troubleshooting of equipment, equipment installations and other assignments related to the Electrical trade assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor. The person will work a twelve hour shift (7 AM - 7 PM) on a rotating three day schedule.
- Serve as working lead electrician in performing repair, maintenance or installation work requiring the use of two or more maintenance people.
- Trouble shoots and makes repairs to electronic units in accordance with specific instructions.
- Complete job assignments in above areas with only general direction and minimum of direct supervision.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for electrical equipment throughout plant, using both hardware and software.
- Read and understand electrical schematics and effectively trouble-shoot electrical controls
- Design and install wiring and programs for equipment. Calibrations of controls.
- Avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- PLC Troubleshooting, Write programs, adding devices in field and into the program.
- HMI design and build, computer knowledge, proper communication protocols and devices.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and repair all test equipment.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments.
- Make equipment performance evaluations, change circuit components and replace units.
- Install control and distribution devices such as switches, relays and distribution panels.
- Compute required voltage and power for existing and future installations.
- Proficient at reading and developing electrical schematics in CAD (Preferably Auto-CAD or Solid Works).
Scope of Responsibility
Proficient, Competent and Fluent in the following areas:
- Follow Electrical Safety and lock out Procedures.
- Needs to read blueprints of Electrical, Pneumatics.
- Able to Troubleshoot and repair machinery and Installations.
- Need to troubleshoot, program and repair PLC, Drives, HMI.
- High School Diploma/GED - Required
- Journeyman’s card - In the related field in lieu of Associate Degree
- Associate Degree - In the related field in Lieu of Journeyman's card
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in industrial maintenance, in manufacturing setting
- One (1) or more years experience at Fenner Dunlop in the Maintenance department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Electrical Skills
- Leadership Abilities
- Mechanical Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizational Skills
- Project MGMT
- Time MGMT
- Use of Hand Tools
- Verbal Communications
- Work Independently
- Written Communications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemcial, gases, etc..)
- Work in varying physical conditions (e.g., noise, humidity, vibration, weather changes, etc.)
If interested in applying then please click here.