Heavy Duty Head Shed
Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed Primary Cleaner
The Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed Cleaner is the most robust primary cleaner offered. The offset arm design maintains the proper cleaning angle throughout the life of the blade and helps the system absorb the impact of mechanical splices. The Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed Cleaner is ideal for use in heavy mining, large quarry, ship loading, and other demanding applications.
Click here to download the Heavy Duty Head Standard Line Datasheet
Click here to download the Cleaner RFQ Form
The Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed Advantages:
- Heavy Duty Primary Cleaner
- Most robust primary cleaner offered
- Designed to remove 75% to 85% of material that becomes carry-back
- Proven in the field as the top of the line cleaner for severe applications
- Absorbs mechanical splices with no damage to the splice or cleaner
- Offset arm design provides a unique cantilever action which dissipates all the twist and bend forces caused by mechanical splices
- Mounts on the conveyor head where cleaning is most efficient
- All stainless steel hardware
- Powder Coated Shaft
- Standard 6" wide and optional one piece blades are designed to maintain proper contact with the cleaning surface
- Standard 6" wide blades are removable with 2 bolts per blade for easy replacement or rotation for longer life
- Hollowed-out void in blades enables the blade to flex on impact
- The blade mounting shaft is removable for servicing by loosening 4 bolts (2 each side)
- Optional solid blade (one piece blade) installs with just two bolts
The Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed is available with both Air/Water and Mechanical Tensioners.
Air/Water Tensioners (CSHSHD-STD-A)
- Dual activator tensioning unit functions on plant air, water, or CO2
- Optional air source housed in protective cabinet (Closed system provides long life to air tank)
- Designed to provide constant tension to the cleaner
- Suited for difficult to access locations
- Simple valve operation allows tension to be released quickly to speed up blade changes and maintenance
- Water regulators are provided with pressure relief valve to prevent over pressurizing. Commonly used in underground applications where service water is available and freezing is not an issue.
- Plant air regulator systems are used in above ground applications and where freezing is an issue
- Optional CO2 regulator systems are used in remote and mobile applications such as stacking conveyors, and remote overland discharges where plant air is not readily available.
Mechanical Tensioners (CSHSHDST-01-A)
- Designed to provide adjustable tension to the cleaner
- Suited to locations that are not difficult to access
- Requires tension to be monitored and adjusted as the blade wears
- Lower cost system but requires more maintenance attention during its life
- No risk of losing cleaning ability because of a failed air or water supply
The Standard Line Heavy Duty Head Shed comes with a standard 6" wide blade and an optional one piece solid blade that are designed to maintain proper contact with the cleaning surface.
Heavy Duty Head Shed Single 6" Blade (CSHSHD-S-01)
- Standard offering
- Allows the cleaner to wear to the belt as needed
- Better contour to a crowned pulley
- Allows center blades to wear independent of the outer/end blades
- Proprietary wear resistant urethane
- Can be varied to suit special applications
Heavy Duty Head Shed Solid Blade (CSHSHD-SB-XX)
XX Denotes Blade Length
- Use where material build-up between blades is a concern
- Can be used in multi-primary systems
- Proprietary wear resistant urethane
As blade wear occurs, the contact point between the blade tip and the pulley remains the same to eliminate the chance of the Heavy Duty Head Shed cleaner flipping under.
|Belt Width Inches (mm)||Blade Coverage Inches (mm)||No. 6" (152 mm) Blades|
|36 (900)||30 (750)||5|
|42 (1050)||36 (900)||6|
|48 (1200)||42 (1050)||7|
|54 (1400)||48 (1200)||8|
|60 (1500)||54 (1400)||9|
|72 (1800)||66 (1700)||11|
|84 (2150)||78 (2000)||13|
|96 (2450)||90 (2300)||15|
|Belt Width Inches (mm)||Solid Blade Replacement Part Number||Assembly Part Number Air/Water Tensioner||Assembly Part Number Mechanical Tensioner|
The table shows the assembly part numbers with a solid blade. For single blade assembly, replace "SB" with "HD01".
Note that the 60" is the largest Heavy Duty Head Shed blade made.
Heavy Duty Head Shed Special Order
In addition to the standard items, the Heavy Duty Head Shed Cleaner can be purchased with an adaptor to allow the installation of an E-Z change blade, longer support arms, internal mounts, and long offset arms.