Technical Standards CoordinatorPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The purpose of the Technical Standards Coordinator position is to assist the Standards Engineer to create and maintain part numbers and achieve smooth flow of production through the plant by accurately and properly identifying costs associated with material, labor, and equipment resource requirements. Also critical is that quote information be provided in the most expeditious manner.
- Set up and maintenance of part numbers for raw material, finished goods, fabric and belt descriptions, and standard costs.
- Coordinate fabric and finished goods part numbers for the belting and fabric plants.
- Develops estimated costs on new or non-configurable constructions for Internal Sales Reps. Works with other members of Technical to verify constructions.
- Initiates and maintains all bills of operation and bills of materials on all items manufactured in Lavonia plant.
- Assists in providing accurate detailed reporting for material usage variances for all work orders closed in Lavonia plant.
- In coordination with Technical, maintains E Builder with new and revised specifications. Assures E Builder and E9 data are in synchronization for all products. Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, processes and methods to determine effect on cost.
- Prepares various costing information as requested by Finance or Technical for all products
- Assists with outside Auditor cost inquiries as needed.
- Participates in physical inventory counts as required.
- Help perform time studies to verify operation standards.
- Assist Standards engineer as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in Accounting, Mathematical, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in the manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cost accounting duties would be beneficial.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong analytical and detail oriented skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills.
- Travel up to 25%
- Exposure to hazards (e.g., mechanical, electrical, chemical, gases, etc.)
- Sedentary work (general office environment)
- Must possess a driver’s license
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org