HR GeneralistPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fenner Dunlop strives to be the premier provider of the safest and most complete conveyor systems and services to the mining and industrial sectors, including belt manufacturing and system engineering. Through strategic acquisitions and investments, and a strong management and financial discipline, the company is well positioned to help customers grow over the long haul. Today, within our 150 years of proven belting manufacturing experience, Fenner Dunlop Americas brings more than 70 years of service solutions and 20 years of belt conveyor system engineering.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our HR Department! This position will be based at our headquarters in Pittsburgh (Robinson area) and report directly to the HR Director.
- Creates new hire orientation schedule and prepares training documentation, conducts orientation and coordinates onboarding schedule with hiring manager.
- Performs full cycle recruiting to meet the various staffing needs across multiple business entities.
- Creates and implements strategies to attract passive job seekers.
- Conducts pre-employment screening, applicant assessments and processes pre-hire/new hire paperwork.
- Implement company culture, values and policies.
- Provide management with requested reports and documents.
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognition.
- Accurately maintain all employee files, ensuring compliance.
- Draft company communications and announcements.
- Assist in compensation management.
- Answers employee questions and inquiries that require knowledge of established departmental procedures, company policies and familiarity with operations and programs within human resources.
- Assist in benefits and compensation administration and benefits open enrollment.
- Assist in worker's compensation and FMLA administration.
- Assist in the implementation and successful kickoff of a new HRIS system. Once implemented, ensure that the system stays up to date and those policies set in place are adhered to.
- Assist the HR Director with employee relations matters such as, investigations, union negotiaitons, legal, etc.
- Minimum three years of experience in all areas of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- Must possess sound judgment; effective organizational, prioritization and follow-through skills.
- Candidate must have a solid foundation and understanding of Human Resources and be confident in their abilities.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in composing, typing and proofing materials and meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws is a plus.
- Ability to build rapport with all employees.
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable working autonomously.
- Must possess emotional intelligence and the ability to promote positive, constructive relationships with communication and collaboration at all levels.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, must be able to prioritize.
- Minimum of three years experience working with an HRIS system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive benefits package offered to all employees:
- 401k with company match,
- Paid vacation,
- Additional company paid holidays
If interested please email resume to: Subject - HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org